Tuesday, September 13, 2011

say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in

I trained with Alyssa today; this week is in transition, but we're moving towards a Monday/Wedneday/Friday schedule, which I think will be lovely. Even lovelier is that it's an 11am slot instead of a 10am, which means traffic is less of an issue, which makes me a happy camper. Our workout today was great, although I thought my left glute was strangely sore; I later discovered that I have a large bruise on my ass which I am at a complete loss to explain, so I guess my birthday was a good one!

sssanyway, after working out, I took the fastest shower ever, barely dried my hair, and sped over to my old place of employment to have lunch with Gyre, Lizzie and Tolu. Lizzie doesn't work there anymore either, and in fact lives in Seattle, but it was as good a place as any to meet. I hadn't seen Gyre since he left on paternity leave, and I hadn't seen Tolu in almost as long, so it was v. nice to catch up. After lunch, I came home, bought some groceries (berries and meat, which isn't code for anything), and proceeded to spend the rest of the day consuming content rather than making it.

I need to get back into the non-gargoyle series, but instead I watched last season's finale of "The Good Wife" -- I'd tivo'd it in May and never gotten around to watching it, but I needed to catch up before the new season starts. The verdict is that I need to start watching this show obsessively, since it's incredibly well plotted, paced, and acted. After watching tv, I read an entire romance novel, which sadly didn't satisfy me quite as much as I had hoped. It's weird that I actually know authors now on a more personal level; this book was written by someone I know and have hung out with a bit, and while I thought it was good, I didn't love it. That made me sad, and also made me realize how awkward it will be for the people I know who decide to read my book and don't actually like it. Sigh.

But even though this blog post is boring and you, dear reader, deserve better than that, I'm going to go to bed. I don't have to go all the way to the south bay tomorrow, but I am having dim sum with Tammy, so hopefully I can do some writing before and/or after eating enough shrimp families to put myself in a coma. Goodnight!

2 comments:

pirate's wench said...

Have you been to Fish in Sausalito? The pirate wants to know how the crab rolls are. He was reading about them and wanted your opinion. 350 Harbor Drive, Sausalito

Sara said...

I haven't been, but if the desire for firsthand research is pressing, let me know and I'll go check them out - they look good!