Wednesday, September 21, 2011

music makes the bourgeoisie

I should have been in bed ages ago, so imma keep this brief. Did I mention that I got pulled over yesterday? That's a rhetorical question; I looked up the answer for you. The answer is no, I didn't mention that I got pulled over yesterday. My brush with the law lasted all of forty-five seconds, which is why I completely forgot about it last night. I renewed my registration in May like I was supposed to, but I had never bothered to put the new sticker on my car because it required removing my obnoxious, brag-filled Stanford Alumni license plate holder, a task which I just never got around to doing with all my travels and general procrastination this summer. I was thirty seconds away from my off-ramp to see Alyssa yesterday when I got pulled over. The cop strolled up to my passenger side and I already had my registration out and was looking for my insurance card. As soon as he saw the registration he asked why I hadn't put it on yet; after I mumbled something about my own laziness, he just handed it back to me, told me not to forget again, and walked away without checking my insurance, license, or anything else. Yay for being an unthreatening white female in an unthreatening RAV4.

Today wasn't nearly as eventful. I did go to the gym, where I climbed 60+ flights of stairs on the treadmill while reading a contest entry that I needed to judge. That left me with such a sour taste for contest entries that I spent much of the rest of the day procrastinating, doing some social media stuff (hey, it's my job, etc). I finally finished reading contest entries around 7:30 or 8, watched some television with Terry, and then started typing up score sheets and feedback. And that's why I'm still up at 2:23 in the morning -- each entry was 50+ pages, and I had a lot to say. Sigh. At least I'm done, though, so I can move on with my life (or start judging the other contest that is due this weekend).

And that, my friends, is all she wrote. Goodnight!

No comments: