Sunday, September 29, 2013

don't pay no mind to the demons, they'll fill you with fear

I just realized that I need to go to bed immediately if I'm going to meet Kathia for our writing date tomorrow morning - damn. Today was v. fun and v. productive, though. I had breakfast with my CPA, which was a little entertaining (just entertaining enough that it made up for the fact that I now have an even more massive to-do list). Then I came home, took care of some of my to-do list, called my sister, read about some royal family gossip (Wills and Kate are in Scotland visiting the Queen!), and then brainstormed back cover copy until four p.m.

At that point, it was time to stop being a hermit and start hanging out with people my own age. So, I put on some appropriate clothes, changed into even more appropriate clothes when Terry told me it had gotten cold out, and then went to John and Jess's for their Oktoberfest party. My friends there were in fine form, as per usual, but the best joke of the night may have gone to Anthony in reference to Terry's lack of speaking in that crowd. Actually, I think I had told Katrina that she got joke of the night, but now I can't remember what it was. And anyway, everyone was qualified for joke of the night; the six or seven people I knew were all huddled around a side table, ignoring the other thirty people there, as per usual. And it was a glorious time, even if I did drink most of a bottle of wine and thus wrecked myself for any productivity tonight.

But now that I'm done with the interwebs and mostly recovered from my wine experience, I should sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: