Tuesday, September 17, 2013

maybe i'm just in love when you wake me up

Today was v. productive for the day job and v. unproductive for the rest of my life. Actually, that's not entirely true; I got a blood test since I haven't had a physical in awhile, but since the blood test wasn't until 9:45, I was totally starving at the end of it. Luckily the phlebotomist realized that my right arm was a no-go and tried my left arm before just jabbing into my right arm and digging around for the vein, so the procedure was totally painless and non-unconsciousness-inducing. And then I went down the block and had breakfast at the closest place I could find with decent Yelp reviews, which was difficult since I was smack in the heart of the overpriced tourist mecca that is Union Square/Chinatown. The coffee was decent, though, and the omelette was pretty good, and really I would have eaten anything to stop my stomach from screaming and my head from spinning.

Thus refreshed, I came home and slogged nonstop for six hours, which was great for my to-do list and v. bad for my eyes. When Terry got home, I was dazed and exhausted, and I couldn't decide between grabbing dinner with her and taking a shower (two v. different things). But I opted for dinner, so we walked down to Chestnut and had a v. casual dinner at some burger place. Then we went to Nectar and attended Kathia's launch party for her latest book (which comes out tomorrow) - she was v. classy and served all sorts of champagne and wine, and it was all lovely. I also had a fun run-in with one of my day job competitors (from the company Jess used to work for), although I doubt they see us as much competition, so it was all v. civil. Then Terry and I came home, I did some desultory stuff around my room, and now I must sleep so that I can hit it hard tomorrow. I'm hoping to spend a little bit less time slogging and a bit more time with Alex and Prudence, but we shall see what happens. Goodnight!

No comments: