Thursday, September 19, 2013

you got a fast car

I am so full of meat that it's not really funny anymore - I'm pretty sure I have the meat sweats. I had dinner with some of my coworkers at a Brazilian steakhouse in Palo Alto, and I ate an absurd quantity of meat. We were all starving when we got there since we hadn't eaten much all day, and this place made some seriously legit meat, all of which they brought around on giant skewers and carved off for us as necessary. They even brought out the special skewer of chicken hearts at the request of one of the Brazilians on my team, but it was a little intense to end on organ meat after eating at least two pounds (I may be being conservative here) of other meats. Okay, maybe it wasn't two pounds. But I had two sausages, at least six ounces of filet mignon, more sirloin than I can remember, some tritip, a piece of pork, a piece of turkey wrapped in bacon...I would continue, but now I kind of want to vomit. And then I want to go back and do it again.

sssanyway, the rest of the day was good; I worked out with Alyssa this morning, which was excellent, and then I slogged without respite until 5:45. Then I had a meat feast, then I drove two of the guys on my team back to the city with me, and now I really need to go to bed and sleep off my protein coma so I can be somewhat productive tomorrow. False hope, I know. Goodnight!

No comments: