Saturday, September 07, 2013

like a drum my heart never stops beating for you

I desperately need to get some sleep, so I really shouldn't be blogging - but if I hadn't forced myself to blog to the point of this becoming a mindless habit, I would never blog again. So I suppose you should be grateful? If 'grateful' is the right way to describe the feeling you should have when reading the drivel about my everyday life. I'm out of words, so you're going to have to settle for 'grateful' even if it's likely something v. different.

sssanyway, I took the shuttle down to the office this morning, slogged for several hours, had lunch with some people on zee team, and left at 2:15 so I could beat traffic to the city. Once here, I got my bangs trimmed and my brows waxed, then went to Target and Whole Foods, and then came home, where I was too tired to do anything I had planned to do. Oops.

But I rallied my energy levels and had dinner with Terry, as previously planned. We walked down to Chestnut to have dinner at the restaurant where I took my parents while they were here, but we stopped by the wine bar next door first to say hi to my friend Kathia, who plied us with wine in the fifteen minutes we had between our arrival and our departure. Then we had a lovely steak dinner (for me, at least; Terry was basically a vegetarian and ordered the chicken) and discussed Alex and Prudence's book. Terry read the draft yesterday and today and gave her feedback tonight, which was incredibly helpful. And I had three and a half glasses of wine, which was also helpful. Then we came home and I was going to do some drunk baking, but I thought better of it, so I'm going to go to bed and then get up and hit it all tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: