Thursday, September 12, 2013

i shake it your way

Happy birthday to me! Thanks for all of you who sent messages, called, tried to call, facebooked, etc. - I had a lovely day of mourning, and I appreciate all of you. I especially appreciate Chandlord, who is exercising decorum and restraint by refraining from forcing me to let her guest blog, even though she's also exercising an odd display of generosity by allowing two drunken Scottishmen/Englishmen to stay in her apartment while she sleeps in my bed. Best birthday gift ever!

sssanyway, today was perfectly lovely. I went to work, met with some people, and then snuck out to train with Alyssa (remember her?) since one of my post-birthday goals is to take some more time for myself that is neither dayjob-related nor book-related so that I don't wreck my body and go totally insane in the process. Then I grabbed my favorite coffee, went back to work, had cupcakes that my team bought for me, slogged for a couple of hours, and took the shuttle home. So industrious, I know.

Upon reaching home, I talked to the parents for a few minutes, then reapplied my lipstick, then walked down to the evil Marina to have dinner with Terry and Lauren (aka Subz). Subz, as usual, grilled me about my future, but I think my answers were satisfactory; I want to write a shit-ton of books without losing my friends or failing to have a life, so that's a good goal, right? Then we adjourned next door to a wine bar, where I had a champagne flight while partaking in some family time with Chandlord, Adit, Priyanka, John, Jess, Terry, Subz, and the Scots/English dudes (the Scottish guy is actually known to me, since I met him during zee German/Indian/Scottish wedding I went to in 2011).

And I'm v. sorry to report to my father that he must stop blaming all of my alcoholic woes on Adit; Priyanka let slip that Adit is more ridiculous around me than he is around most people, so it's possible that I'm actually responsible for his woes. I won't go so far as to claim all responsibility, since he's quite capable of getting drunk without me, but it's possible that the correlation between Adit's presence and my drunkenness isn't as clear as it might seem.

sssanyway again, we had a v. lovely time getting cozy in the least obviously cozy part of the bar, which confused the waitress to no end, particularly since Adit insisted on rearranging all the furniture to make it more cozy. Then, after everyone left, Chandlord and I adjourned to Balboa Cafe with the foreigners + a bunch of unknown cougars, and the four of us (sans cougars, unless I've automatically become one by turning thirty-two) had another drink while discussing how if they walk south and east of Chandlord's apartment into the 'loin, they will meet their deaths. Then Chandlord and I abandoned them to said deaths and came to my place, and now I must sleep so that I can participate in a career development panel for some impressionable minds tomorrow morning. Hahahaha. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) was the scotman brian?

2) i miss you & your birthday

3) you and adit combined are essentially lethal for most livers.

xoxo
ritu