Friday, September 06, 2013

it's where my demons hide

I made it onto the shuttle by 7:35 this morning, which was kind of miraculous given how tired I was, but the day went way better than I expected. I slogged (kind of), had meetings all afternoon, and then sat around on the couches near my desk and had champagne with some of my coworkers. I may or may not have had approximately half a bottle, which was awesome (I chose the champagne, so it wasn't swill), but it meant that I had to leave my car there and take the shuttle home, which means I have to go to Mountain View in the morning instead of working from home. Oops.

But things are good, even if I feel behind on everything - the book is off being reviewed by zee editor, stuff at work is progressing, and I seem on track to see some friends this weekend, so that's all great. Now, though, I am desperate for sleep and sad that I have to get up and catch the shuttle, so wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: