Sunday, September 08, 2013

the time has come to galvanize

I was totally wrecked all day today, but last night was worth it. I woke up at seven and couldn't go back to sleep, which means I was under-rested for my writing date this morning - but it allowed me to go down the street for some restorative huevos rancheros first, so that was good. Then I met up with Kathia and caught up with her for a bit before commencing zee work; I'm trying to plot the next novel on my list (featuring the villain in Prudence's story), and this is a good time to do it since I am trying to keep from opening Prudence and Alex's book so I can come back to it with fresh eyes next weekend. I didn't get very far this morning, but given that everything was spinning and I felt like death, the amount of progress I made was actually astonishing.

After writing, I came home, cleaned the kitchen to restore it to its former glory, and then took a nap. Then I talked to zee parents, who were in fine form, although it's like a million degrees there, which makes me feel silly for complaining about yesterday's one day of heat in San Francisco. The fog is back and I can hear the horns tonight, which is v. comforting. After talking to them, I ate some nachos (dinner of champions), watched some football with Terry (clearly I couldn't comprehend the thought of doing anything, since I had no desire to watch football), then came upstairs and took a v. restorative bubble bath. Then I made some notes on the not-so-secret young adult non-gargoyle book that I pick up and put away again in the breaks between my historical romances; I kind of want to finish it this year, but we'll see whether I have the time. And now that I've exhausted myself just thinking of it, I'm going to go to bed early so I can get nine hours of sleep before work tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: