Saturday, September 14, 2013

look down your glasses at that aranciata

Today was v. tiring but somewhat productive/uplifting despite a few hours of rage in the middle. I got up somewhat early and drove to Palo Alto to train with Alyssa, then drove straight back home to work from home rather than going into the office. This was a fine and dandy plan, and I was on my way to spending some quality time brainstorming the future of my team and our vision and all that fun stuff. But then something happened at work that turned into a firedrill, which kind of ruined my afternoon. Enraged, I signed off at 4:50 and went straight to a pre-arranged massage, which was either the best or worst timing ever. I was so tense that the woman ended up climbing up onto the table and kneeling on my thighs while working on my back, but it really helped me to come down from my rage high.

The day wasn't all bad, though; I bought a new notebook at the Japanese stationery store down the street (a notebook I'd watched a fifteen minute YouTube video on a couple of weeks ago - yes, I'm that much of a dork). So I spent some quality time this afternoon and tonight setting it up and breaking it in. I know, this is nonsensical to just about all of you. I also made myself a steak and a baked potato for dinner, and I brainstormed titles for my next book (the one after Alex and Prudence). I think I came up with some good ones, but I also came up with some ridiculous ones, and I need to ponder some more before making any decisions.

Now, I shall sleep - this is the first time in ages that I'm not setting an alarm, and I am SO EXCITED. If anyone wakes me up, I shall disembowel them and feed their entrails to Karl the Fog. Goodnight!

No comments: