Sunday, September 22, 2013

i just closed my eyes and swung

I had a truly lovely day - between my one social plan for the weekend and some forced productivity + forced downtime, I feel quite accomplished. I got up relatively early and met up with Heather (aka dear respected madam) for brunch down near the ballpark, which is somewhere I never ever go. But the food was great - I had these 'messy eggs' that were full of garlic and onions and bacon, and they were v. delicious. And the company was, as usual, great as well, even if we were seated between two v. noisy parties who made it difficult for us to carry on a real conversation.

After brunch, we adjourned to my salon because I had convinced Heather to come up and get a brow wax and facial from my favorite aesthetician ever. I got my facial first, and it was excellent; the woman has hooked me on all sorts of ridiculous products that have made my skin feel better than it has at any other point in my life, and I told her point-blank that I'd brought her a 'whale', since Heather's addiction to overpriced beauty products rivals my own. And I'm pretty sure Heather bought a whole ton of stuff after, so the salon people should be very happy with me for some time to come. After I was done, Heather got a facial and brow wax while I sat at Peet's and contemplated Prudence and Alex (without much success).

When we'd wrapped up our pampering, I dropped Heather off at her car, went to the grocery store, bought myself a bunch of meat and flowers, and then came home, cleaned out the fridge, cleaned the kitchen, put away the groceries, and arranged my flowers to put in a charming ceramic pitcher in my bathroom (yes, I called my own bathroom charming). Then I wrote in my journal. Then I contemplated working and failed. Then I made a delicious dinner (ribeye and a sweet potato), drank copious amounts of tea, and edited the first thirty pages of Prudence and Alex's story. That may not sound like a lot, but it actually is - you'll have to trust me on that.

And now, I must sleep; I want to get through more than thirty pages tomorrow, and I have some other stuff I should take care of for all my many and varied jobs, so it's time to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: