Monday, August 11, 2014

don't really know how i got here

Despite the lovely green abundance around me, I spent too much time staring at screens today. I'm working for the day job for the first few days of this week, and so this morning and afternoon were mostly spent in meetings, with a smattering of attempts to answer email and take care of other work-related tasks. But I had breakfast with my parents, which was lovely, and was able to snack from the fridge and make tea and coffee and all that stuff, so it wasn't entirely terrible.

When I was done working, I attempted to write on the back patio, but things are still going slowly - it's possible that I'm stuck and this scene just sucks and I need to move on, which I *just* realized even though I'm a fucking idiot because this is *always* the problem when I'm stuck for more than a couple of days. Grr. So I'll try something new tomorrow, I guess, or journal out why this scene isn't working and what I need to accomplish instead. Maybe the problem is that this scene needs to be in the next book. Hmm...I think I just figured it out. Heh.

Well, that was the most productive this blog has been in awhile.

So after I gave up, but before I had that realization, I had supper with my parents - my mom made a roast, which was delightful. Then my dad went to a meeting and my mom and I watched some fine CBS programming. And now I must sleep so that I can do all of this again tomorrow, while hopefully making more progress on the writing - goodnight!

No comments: