Wednesday, August 06, 2014

this is how i show my love

I was supposed to go out tonight for like the seventh night in a row, but I just couldn't do it - I needed to do laundry, start packing, and try to get eight hours of sleep tonight so that I don't die tomorrow. I had gotten to the office at eight this morning, which was about two hours earlier than I probably should have gone in since I was dead on my feet and pretty surly most of the morning. But things picked up after I had my third cup of coffee, and I managed to get through an afternoon full of meetings in fairly good spirits.

I stuck around from five to six-thirty to hang out with my team, which was what I should have done even though I really just wanted to sleep. Then I drove home, bailed on tonight's dinner plan (sorry, John and Jess!!), did laundry, packed for my flight on Friday morning (earlier than ever, but I have to leave for the airport at six a.m. Friday and I have dinner plans tomorrow night), ate some leftover steak, bought a concert ticket for a concert in Germany in October (more on that someday later), and generally tried to feel like I was getting on top of things.

But now I must sleep - I dream of getting eight hours tonight, but it can only happen if I go to bed right now. Goodnight!

No comments: