Monday, August 18, 2014

wait...they don't love you like i love you

As you may have guessed from last night's post, today was a v. long day - but I'm in a surprisingly chipper mood despite my exhaustion. I woke up at 5:15am (MDT), after less than five hours of sleep, and managed a shower and some decently good hair (despite lacking a comb, but luckily the hotel had Aveda hair products, so I was saved) before catching a cab back to the airport. There, I made it through security in a relatively straightforward manner, and I had time to have a leisurely breakfast before boarding my flight.

Sadly, I was in the middle of a regular economy row, which made me feel like a total peasant - I felt like having a Scarlett O'Hara moment and vowing never to sit in the middle again, but it couldn't be helped. And I wrote four pages while I was sitting there, so I suppose it could have been worse. Then I got to SF, grabbed my bag, got in another cab, and went straight to the office since I had stuff that I needed to do in person today.

But even though going to the office on four hours of sleep would have made me surly in other circumstances, all my meetings were relatively enjoyable. Then I caught a ride home with a coworker, thus saving me from the shuttle and certain despair...particularly since we left before five p.m., which always makes me happy. When I got home, I changed into something that hadn't been on the airplane and went straight to Des Amis, where I was going to write but instead stared off into space and returned to my libertine San Francisco ways (if a glass and a half of wine counts as libertine). Terry joined me for a bit of it, which allowed us to catch up before I spend the next three days out of commission with this work event I have going on.

Speaking of that, I really need to sleep if I'm going to survive tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: