Saturday, August 16, 2014

have you ever seen the rain

Sadly, my time in Iowa is drawing to a close, but today was a perfectly lazy way to end it. I got tons of sleep, woke up just in time to eat the delicious breakfast my dad made, and then spent all afternoon hanging out on the back patio. I was theoretically writing, and I did do some brainstorming while staring off into the middle distance and listening to the pond water rushing through the overflow pipe after last night's heavy rains. But I mostly spent it drinking tea and talking to my parents, which was lovely.

We eventually ate supper (bratwurst, yum) and watched a movie (Red - and yes, we watched the two movies in reverse order), and I probably should have packed, but since I expect I can accomplish that task in ~20mins, I'm going to leave it for tomorrow. Right now I'm going to make some more notes about Thorington's story, and then I'm going to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: