Friday, August 22, 2014

it's friday, i'm in love

I was precisely as lazy as I wanted to be today, which should set me up well for Thorington tomorrow (if anything can set me up well for that endeavor). I woke up at 6:45, contemplated Thorington for an hour without putting any words on the page, and then drove to Palo Alto, where I trained with Alyssa (and hit a new personal best on deadlifts: 185lbs! thank you, peasant ancestors!). It was great to see her after two weeks apart, but my kettlebell swings during my vacation meant that the return to her tender mercies wasn't too brutal (although I'm guessing I'll be sore from deadlifting tomorrow).

After I said goodbye to Alyssa, I went to work, where half the meetings I had were totally annoying and the other half were lovely. But I had lunch at my favorite Mexican place on campus, and then grabbed coffee with a friend before speeding to the evil city, so all in all it was a great (if not particularly productive) day in the office. And I made it back to the city just in time for my appointment to get my brows waxed, along with a v. necessary facial (okay, 'necessary' is a strong word, but both my skin and my soul needed some pampering). After that, I came home, lazed in bed doing nothing for awhile, ate some leftover chicken and squash while watching 'Drunk History' with Terry, and then finished reading 'Lord of Scoundrels' (which is possibly the best historical romance I've ever read).

And now I must sleep - Thorington beckons in the morning, and this will be an epic weekend of productivity...or else (cue ominous music). Goodnight!

No comments: