Friday, August 08, 2014

i just wanna make you laugh, i just wanna see that smile

Today was a really long and entirely uneventful. I didn't sleep well last night, which has been the case for much of the last week, so I'm looking forward to sleeping endlessly in Iowa. But I made it out of bed by 5:20, into an Uber by 6:10, and through security by 6:50, which gave me approximately thirty minutes to have breakfast (a surprisingly good omelette) before boarding the plane to Denver. I got lucky and didn't have anyone in the seat next to me, but there were babies everywhere, including one behind me, so I may have resorted to listening to my music too loudly. But I managed to nap and do a crossword puzzle like a good octogenarian on the way to Denver, so that was fine.

I had a three and a half hour layover in Denver, unfortunately, so I bought United club access so I'd have a decent place to work and write. And I did get some of both done, although I was too tired to get very deep into Callie and Thorington. Then I flew to Des Moines, hung out at the airport, rendezvoused with the parents and [censored], and had supper at our favorite steakhouse near the airport. We successfully tackled the long, dark road home, and I managed to unpack my stuff so that my clothing can hopefully unwrinkle itself before tomorrow.

And now I must sleep - my class reunion is tomorrow, and I have no idea what to expect other than that I need to be in town by around 12:30 for the parade. Goodnight!

No comments: