Sunday, August 03, 2014

your drug is a heartbreaker

Today was a surprisingly delightful mix of writing, socializing, and more writing. It might have been perfect if I'd snuck in a nap as well, but we can't have everything (yes, this is #firstworldproblems). I tried to wake up at eight, which was an exercise in sadness, but I managed to get out of bed and meet Kathia at 9:30 for a writing date (it was supposed to be nine, but see: inability to get out of bed). I only had it in me to go for a couple of hours, and I think most of what I wrote was complete crap, but that's how it goes when getting back into the story after several days away.

After that, Kathia and I parted ways, and I came home, messed around on the internet, showered, and then met a friend from work for lunch. A burger and a glass of wine at Roam turned into two more glasses of wine at Des Amis, and it was all v. delightful and entertaining and mostly civilized. Sadly, the friend had to return to the south bay after that, so I came home and called my parents, who seemed to be in fine spirits. Or I suppose they're in as fine a spirits as one can be when one has found a tombstone in one's pile of rocks - this happens to other people too, right?

My parental conversations ended in due course, and I really just wanted to curl up on the couch and watch 'Drunk History' (or my eyelids), but I forced myself to text Kathia and see if she wanted to do another writing date. She was in it to win it, so we went back to Des Amis, where I had another glass of wine and got another four v. hardfought pages that I'm (mostly) proud of. Then we ordered dinner, Todd (my fave manager) joined us, and Kathia's husband showed up, so that made for quite the round of socializing.

And now, I should really be smart and get some sleep so that I can survive the week ahead - goodnight!

No comments: