Tuesday, August 05, 2014

you're my head start, you're my rugged heart

Slogging is probably uninteresting to you, so suffice it to say that I slogged. Traffic was surprisingly wonderful this morning, and so leaving at seven got me into the office by eight, which gave me time to read my email (translation: ignore my email), eat breakfast, and finish drying my hair. Then I had a meeting, followed by an odd block of free time - so odd that I didn't know what to do with it. I suppose I did some work? Who really knows what work is if it's done without meetings? I also had lunch with a coworker (pulled pork with kc-style barbecue sauce + cherry/vanilla froyo = heaven), did some more work, had a couple of meetings, and left ridiculously early so that I knew I'd beat traffic home.

Once I got here, I ran a couple of quick errands, then worked at my home desk until 6:30. Then I went to the Mission, where I met up with Ritu Rani (remember her?) and Bill (and Alex, whom I haven't seen much of since colege) at ABV, which is the bar I went to on Saturday with Adit et al. We had a small snack to get us through until dinner, and the snack was really quite awesome - the pork tacos were tasty, and I liked the padron peppers even though some of them were way spicy. Also, I ordered the whisky-based drink they'd ordered on Saturday (the Jackel, misspelled like that), and it was so good that I had two of them.

After continuing to prolong their buzz (and start mine), we adjourned down the street to Locanda for family dinner (tm). Chandlord, John, and Jess were there when we arrived - and this was lovely, since I hadn't seen John or Jess in ten weeks or so due to their European adventures. Adit and Priyanka showed up in due course, and we had a v. good, v. relaxing, v. easy family dinner. Also, Locanda has gluten-free pasta, which is great. Also, my friends remain the same, which is both concerning and heart-warming.

And now I should really sleep if I have any hope of functioning tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: