Thursday, August 07, 2014

i'm only gonna break break your break break your heart

I have to get up in seven hours to go to ye olde Iowa for the week, but that's probably not as painful as getting up in seven hours to go to work, so I'll take it. I trained with Alyssa this morning, and we did a lot of swings, so it will be interesting to see how I feel in the morning - I'm going to pretend that the champagne I had this afternoon and the wine I had tonight are restorative rather than being the worst possible things I could have to aid my recovery.

Then I went to work, where I slogged v. diligently (er, mostly diligently), for a few hours. Then I went to a music festival on campus; one of my coworkers organized a tent for our group, so he and I went over early and got set up and generally enjoyed the sunshine (and the champagne I brought + the cider he brought, even though there were of course free beer and wine tents). I did some work while hanging out, and the rest of the team showed up over the course of the afternoon, so it was all v. delightful. But I left early to drive back to the evil city, where I had a leisurely dinner with Terry before coming home and finishing my last bit of packing.

And now I must sleep so that I can catch my flight in the morning - small town life awaits. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across this blog while doing a google search for Wamplers on the west coast. My name is Cyrus Wampler from North Carolina. Can you be my friend?