Saturday, January 23, 2016

don't you know that you're toxic

As you might have guessed from last night's post (which was really this morning's post), my day was kind of brutal. I dragged myself out of bed at 8:30 and managed to shower and make myself look halfway presentable before walking down to Samovar in Yerba Buena Gardens for a brunch date with Heather (aka dear respected madam).

We hadn't seen each other in a couple of months, partially because I was out of town and partially because she somehow had the wrong number in her phone for me and so texted multiple times and then assumed I hated her. Lol. I definitely hate people, but not her. Luckily, we cleared up that misunderstanding and had a great time catching up over brunch - it's perhaps an exaggeration to say that it was 'fun', since she's dealing with family stuff and I had a lot of drama to catch her up on (all of which is luckily behind me, but again, we hadn't seen each other since before I went to Denver, so there was a lot to say about SF and NYC and my writing and everything else). But I always love hanging out with her, so I loved our extended catch-up over tea and toast ('toast' is big in SF right now - I'm sure all of you in other parts of the country also love spending $10 on a piece of bread with a couple of eggs on top!).

sssanyway. My voice was shot even before I got to her, and I had somehow had something like an asthma attack this morning while getting into the shower (luckily I have an inhaler), which I'm going to blame on no sleep, too much alcohol, and too much karaoke/shouting to be heard at the bar. But I didn't feel quite like death, so I stopped at the mall, flipped off a guy and his friend who made some comment about my pussy and then vaguely wondered if they would find me and murder me later (so far, the answer to that would be no), tried on (and liked, but did not buy) some jeans, and then decided to go home. I left the mall and promptly walked into the middle of a big anti-abortion protest (the sexual harassers in the mall must have been avoiding that scene), and I was a) v. glad I hadn't driven downtown and b) v. eager to get out of the crowd.

So I walked home, grabbed Philz on the way, and then messed around on the internet in a desultory fashion until it was time to talk to Terry - we had a lot to catch up on, so we did it via hangout, and I got to hear about her experience with the historic blizzard. Then I took a nap, which was v. v. necessary, and did some more productivity stuff, and ate some spaghetti with some amatriciana sauce that I'd frozen last month (delish - I wish I had more sauce and am going to have to make another batch asap).

At that point, I was supposed to go out - I had tentative plans to do more karaoke with John and Vidya at Rickshaw Stop, but despite texts from both of them, I held firm to my belief that I needed to stay home and sleep tonight so I can get something productive done tomorrow. I've been happy with how social I've been this month, and I'm determined to do more new things this year than I did last year (I have the time for it, and that was one of the reasons I quit my job to begin with) - but tonight I needed a break, so I took it.

So I got some more stuff done tonight, and now I'm going to sleep, hope that I get nine hours, and then try writing in the morning before pursuing my other plans for the day. Goodnight!

No comments: