Saturday, January 09, 2016

these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

Let's see how I do with the blog tonight, since I spent ten hours socializing, most of those hours also drinking, and not nearly enough time sleeping/working/recovering. But it was all epically fun, and I have no regrets.

I woke up this morning in Calistoga (or St Helena or something - the cabin was in the middle of nowhere between some of those cities). It was misty and beautiful outside among the redwoods, and cozy and delightful inside. John made us all omelettes (which were delish - I should probably get an omelette pan and practice), and Jess cut some fruit to make for a v. visually appealing fruit platter, and I sat around and did nothing but make tea for myself (#sorrynotosorry).

Then we all parted ways and worked for a couple of hours (although I also threw a shower in there, so my productivity was less than theirs). Then we walked their dog around a bit of the property (again, gorgeous, although I didn't bring clothes suitable for hiking, so I nixed the idea of forging the stream that had been raging with post-rain anger last night). And then we drove into Santa Rosa for a late lunch at a tasty Mexican taqueria (Taqueria Las Palmas, where my taco was out of this world good).

Sadly, I needed to part ways at that point. I left John and Jess around 1:45 and was home before three, which gave me time to do a tiny bit of work before (trying, and failing) to change my situation by taking a nap . Then I walked to Nectar, where I met John (different John) for drinks. We continued the fun at Mezes, which I hadn't been to in ages, and then we tried to drink with Adit (but instead said hi before he locked the door to go out for dinner). We then had dessert and another drink at Delfina (where we only wanted a drink, but felt coerced, in the best possible way, into chocolate and cheese). And we ended up at ABV, which I adore, and we hung out with Charu and Julie (old old Stanford people whom I never see anymore), so that was all a good way to end the night.

But I'm falling asleep as I write this and have no idea whether any of it means anyting - so I need to sleep before my dreams totally overtake my ability to write. Goodnight!

No comments: