Wednesday, January 13, 2016

okay you want me up in a cage, then i'll come out in beast mode

I have no patience for blogging tonight - I spent most of the day staring at screens, and most of the evening drinking/socializing, and most of the night reading, so I'd rather go to bed than type this. But I'll recap since you're eagerly awaiting this...

As I said, I spent most of the day staring at screens - I worked really diligently most of the morning, and then I took a break to get some pho (and I survived the walk through the Tenderloin there and back, so that's a good thing!). Then I took a nap to sleep off the pho coma. And then I stared at a screen nonstop for a few more hours, which was productive but also nausea-inducing, since I'm used to getting up and taking breaks more often than that.

But eventually (at 5pm), I had to stop, shower, and put on real people clothes (yes, getting dressed happened at 5pm, but in my defense I had switched out of pajamas at 8am and brushed my teeth and hair, so I wasn't totally slovenly). I met up with Jenni at Amelie - I hadn't seen her in over a year (since the night of my team's offsite in Half Moon Bay in November 2014, which I remembered even without looking back at the blog to figure it out). So, needless to say, we had a ton to catch up on, which was duly accomplished over two glasses of wine and some cheese and charcuterie. She seems to be doing well, and I was glad to hear all of her life updates, and I hope that we manage to see each other again a little more frequently than our last hiatus would indicate.

And then I came home, and I should have worked some more, but I wasn't feeling it, so I spent an hour and a half or so reading the first section of Elena Ferrante's "My Brilliant Friend", which has been getting acclaim in all sorts of circles and has been on my reading list for awhile. And now I'm going to sleep, hope that my dreams are happy, and get up ready to hit it hard in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: