Friday, January 01, 2016

turn up the lights in here, baby

Happy new year! This is my first post of 2016, and my 3773rd post overall - sometime later this year, I'll hit my 4000th post. Yes, I'm old.

But that's not the news I want to deliver to you today. Instead, I shall commence with what I always commence with - the boring minutiae of my day-to-day. I spent the morning/midday/afternoon guzzling iced coffee and working on some romance business stuff while kind of, sort of talking to my mom in the kitchen. Eventually, I took a break for some internet time, and I showered, all of which was v. necessary. And we also eventually had supper (cheeseburgers, and also french fries fried in beef tallow, because we are living the ultimate #throwback #smalltownlife - those french fries are fucking delicious, and I may have licked a couple to keep [censored] from enjoying them).

On a normal Iowa New Year's Eve, I would spend the evening messing around in my journal while my parents slept/snored in the living room. There is only one NYE when I went out in Iowa, and that was an epic shitshow that resulted in me getting glass embedded in my foot and leaving bloody footprints all over the hotel bathroom after drinking far far far too much with Katie (the queen of my heart) in Des Moines. But tonight, I decided to tempt fate and go out again. However, given that the destination was [censored]'s best friend's house, and given that there is a baby in residence there, I was pretty sure that I was safe.

And yes, I was safe - but it was still fun. We sat around and drank wine and heard far too many stories about [censored] and friends' adventures at [censored] or while [censored]. And we also played a lot of Cards Against Humanity, which was highly entertaining. But all things must end, so eventually [censored] and I came home, and I am sure I shall regret the wine I drank tonight when I wake up tomorrow.

But tomorrow is another day (actually, it is today).

sssanyway. I hope you all have a happy, healthy, wonderful new year! Perhaps I shall recount some goals for you in a later post, but right now the wine has me at the place where I can only say that my goals are to 'write all the fucking books' and 'seize all the fucking opportunities' (and no comment on how to parse 'fucking books' and 'fucking opportunities' - you're smart, you can figure it out). Goodnight!

No comments: