Saturday, January 16, 2016

what's wrong with being confident

There are parties going on around us tonight, and while I'm fondly remembering my youth, when I used to stay up all night drinking in rental units in Tahoe on snowy weekends like this one, my inner octogenarian is currently wishing the kids would get the fuck out of my yard.

However, despite my curmudgeonliness, today was great. Or at least it was productive - but my brain is fried, and I really need to sleep (and I'm glad I brought my earplugs). I basically spent the whole day working with Barbara and Bella, with some breaks for snacks and caffeine and a lot of laughter. We stopped around five and spent the rest of the evening hanging out...and a game of "Balderdash" sort of made an appearance. I say 'sort of' because Bella's daughter basically read us snippets from cards and tried to get us to guess stuff, which was actually pretty amusing (and interspersed with occasional outbursts of rage from other people in the house about the extremely loud party going on below us). But the most interesting part for me, since I'm a dork, is that the house has a newer version of Balderdash than the one that my family played over Christmas, and the non-1980s version has many different clues (including stuff around weird laws, which was kind of fun).

sssanyway, I'm even boring myself tonight, so I'm going to sleep and hope that my brain restores itself so I can work just as much again tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: