Thursday, August 26, 2021

don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy

Today was great, if you ignore the middle part where I had to work. I got up and had intended to write, but instead I took a twenty minute walk, and that was much better for me than anything else. Then I slogged through the day - nothing actually hard, but my meetings were frustrating and I wasn't in the mood for it.

However, I was done by around five, and so I threw on a dress and walked ~15mins to Brazen (the place I discovered with Veronica two weeks ago, which has a perfect outdoor patio removed from the noise of any nearby traffic). Katie and I met there for a v. belated catch-up + celebration of her birthday - she is one month and one day older than me, so of course I wanted to dress up and remind her that I'm still in my thirties. We spent a v. long time enjoying a variety of foodstuffs and several glasses of rosé (well, she had one glass...I had more than that). And we talked about all the small town things that we only have in common with each other, and I am once again reminded how grateful I am that there is someone in this world who both knows where we came from and also where we live now (and also likes raw oysters, which is pretty much the pinnacle of friendship).

After almost four hours, Katie dropped me off at home, and now I'm contemplating going to bed somewhat early since I have a million things to do tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: