Sunday, August 08, 2021

every time you close your eyes

I had a v. lowkey day today, which is what I needed after staying up until almost two a.m. watching the end of the US women's volleyball game (they won!). I forced myself to get out of bed at nine despite not wanting to get up yet just so I didn't screw up my sleep schedule heading into the week, so I'm definitely dragging now.

But I spent most of the day taking care of tings around the house that needed taken care of, including washing my sheets, doing other laundry, and spending quite a bit of time organizing my dining room (which has been my day job office for the last year and is slowly falling apart at the seams). I also did some similar organization of my writing office - it still has some mess, but it's no longer in view of my desk, so perhaps I'll feel like getting back in her sometime soon.

At various points I also talked to Terry, and then talked to my parents; I'm going to Iowa on Friday, so I'll have plenty more time to catch up with them in person. I also made dinner - grilled ribeye + grilled veggies with halloumi (a salty cheese that you can slice and throw on the grill). It wasn't as smoky outside tonight as it was yesterday, so it was nice to spend a few minutes outdoors before retreating to the safety of my house.

And now, I should contemplate sleep - goodnight!

No comments: