Saturday, August 07, 2021

run past the heather and down to the old road

I had a pretty relaxing day, which is generally what I needed. I got almost nine hours of sleep, then spent the morning messing around the house, doing laundry, making meal plan lists, etc. Then I got a manicure; my new place in Denver will never replace my old place in San Francisco in my affections, but it's good enough. After that, I broke down and got groceries; I've been mostly subsisting on takeout and tuna sandwiches, but I feel like maybe I'm ready to cook again.

So I grabbed groceries, came home, messed around online, and eventually made pork chile verde in my instant pot. I haven't had it in a long time and it turned out deliciously - especially since I ate it with tortilla chips instead of rice. So I ate my pork while watching the Olympics, and it was an easy and lowkey evening.

And now I've stayed up later than I'd intended and should go to bed, but I'm watching the gold medal women's volleyball match and may finish it if the US can wrap it up before I start falling asleep. Goodnight!

No comments: