Wednesday, August 04, 2021

everybody ends up here in bottles

Today was fine, all in all - my heart rate continues to come down, and I didn't have any meetings to raise it back up. I also ordered a poke bowl for lunch and ate it on my patio, which is always delightful. And when I was done with work for the day, I made myself a new cocktail I've never tried before (from the cocktail book [censored] gave me for Christmas) - a High Five is very similar to a Hemingway daiquiri, but it has gin and aperol instead of rum and luxardo cherry liqueur. It was just the right drink to enjoy while catching up with Terry - we hadn't talked in a bit, so we had a quick phone chat and it was great, as always, to catch up.

Then I ate the leftover fajitas from last night's excursion with Katie, relaxed while watching Olympics, and eventually did an hour or so of day job work since I don't have time to do work during the day. And now, I should probably sleep - goodnight!

No comments: