Sunday, August 01, 2021

blood is like wine, unconscious all the time

It doesn't quite feel right that I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I'm going to go to bed early and hope that I can reset in the morning in time to get into work. This morning was pretty lowkey - I got up in time to do some stretching for my always-tight calves, and I ate some toast while chatting with Barbara. Then I showered and we managed to vacate the rental on time - checkout was at ten, which felt a little early, but all in all the place was really good. We dropped off the keys, and then I dropped Barbara off at a different rental - her partner was coming up to spend the day/night up there, so I dropped Barbara and her stuff off so that she could rendezvous with him. All in all it was a successful retreat, so I'm hoping I can carry the writing momentum into the week.

Then I drove home - I took a slightly longer way so that I could see something different than I-70, but I was still home in a little over two hours. The drive was quite pleasant, and it just reminded me how muchI have yet to explore in Colorado. When I got home, I ate some leftovers, messed around online, and took a nap - all of which was clearly necessary to rest after a weekend in Breckenridge on top of last weekend in San Francisco. Then I ventured out to pick up / return something at Nordstrom + pick up a small handful of groceries.

Then I talked to my parents, who were in fine form. I also talked to [censored] while picking up a takeout pizza; we had a lot to catch up on, so that was enjoyable (although he might not have enjoyed listening to me perfecting my margarita shaking technique). Then I ate pizza, drank my margarita, and watched the Olympics. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: