Saturday, August 14, 2021

i see you darling but you pixelate

I'm in Iowa, and I had a v. lowkey day - [censored] had told me to bring my work gloves home so that I could pick up sticks, but it turns out I didn't need them because I promoted myself to assistant supervisor. This meant that [censored] cleaned up three whole trees from the front yard (using heavy equipment, not his hands) while my dad and I sat in my dad's truck and occasionally hauled a dump trailer full of limbs back into the field to discard. It was a very nice day for sitting around and watching [censored] work, so I quite enjoyed myself!

The rest of the day was fairly quiet - I had some tuna salad on toast for lunch, took a bit of a nap, and otherwise did very little. For supper, we had brats and sweet corn and baked beans, all of which were perfect. And then my parents went to see some of my mom's cousins, and I took the opportunity to relax in my room with my journal, which was pretty much what I needed.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: