Monday, August 17, 2009

and i said "romeo save me, i've been feeling so alone"

I think it's time for bed -- I certainly didn't get enough sleep last night, and sleeping tonight would be a v. nice thing to do before I have to slog through tomorrow in anticipation of the conference. But, my bed is not my bed at home; instead, I checked into the conference hotel a couple of days earlier than the vast majority of my team, which is nice since I have early meetings in the hotel tomorrow morning to rehearse/prep. Even better, they gave me a suite on the 37th floor, replete with a gift basket of wine, cheese, and salami -- not the penthouse that my friend Natasha apparently got, but a totally excellent room with (two sitting areas and a desk) nonetheless. Apparently planning the conference is good for something, even if it has totally wrecked me.

Anyway, today was fine; my meetings down south in the morning went well, and then I had a last lunch with John before his internship finishes this week. I grabbed Natasha, Maeve and a bunch of stuff that needed to come up here and drove to the city around 1pm, where we spent an hour or so touring the venue and understanding the setup. I had another call w/the head boss later this afternoon, then did some work, and finally had dinner with Chris and Natasha. I quickly went home from there to pack up some clothes, since I hadn't intended to stay here tonight and so didn't bring stuff with me, and now I'm settled in for the night. Wish me luck tomorrow -- while the hardest part (in the form of the master slideshow for the four-hour Thursday morning event) is done, I still have much to do before I can fully relax. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i missed you! sighs. have good conference wampy, see you thursday/friday!
hugs-
your favorite roommate