Tuesday, August 11, 2009

poseidon look at me

This is a four minute post. I had a good day at work -- since I worked out of the city today, I actually woke up at seven-thirty and worked at home until almost nine-thirty before heading over to the office. Once there, I got shit done all day, and then took off a little before six p.m. to have dinner with Pete, Heather and Lisa. Lisa's leaving for the east coast soon, and so we made impromptu plans to get together and have dinner before her departure. We ended up going to Tadich's, which is apparently the oldest restaurant in SF, originally started in a tent by three Croatian immigrants during the gold rush. Amusingly, all four of us ordered the same thing -- their seafood cioppino, which was absolutely fantastic. I loved catching up with them, but I was ready to leave when we left, since I needed to stand up and try to walk off the feeling of incredible fullness. It didn't work, and so I've stayed uncomfortably full while doing some work at home. But even though I should probably keep working, I'm going to go to bed -- I think I'll be more productive if I get some sleep and try again in the mroning, so that's the plan. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that place was on anthony bourdain on monday!

Anonymous said...

Bauder's Ice Cream, Tenderloins, Turkey Drumsticks, Porkchops on a stick, Corndogs, Cheesedogs, Funnel Cakes, Butter Cow, Blue Ribbons, Big Slide, Beer Tent, Farm Implements, Big Boar, Avenue of Breeds, new Horse Arena, Sean Johnson as parade marshall and on stage for opening day, Big and Rich, Cow Pie Throwing Contest. "Our State Fair is a Great State Fair, don't miss it, don't even be late . . ." A great place for next year's corporate conference; talk about culture shock!!
Slater