Friday, August 07, 2009

swimmers ear

My ears have that funny filled-with-water feeling. That's likely because they're filled with water -- we had a three-hour outdoor Olympics event this afternoon at work, culminating in a water balloon war for charity (water balloons and pitchers of water were available for purchase, with the proceeds going to charity), and I got completely and utterly soaked. I got doused with at least two pitchers of water, as well as taking a water balloon to the ear, which explains the strange watery sensation. I also got roped into playing tug of war (heh), and the team I was on lost dismally. But, everyone seemed to have a really good time, and it was nice to take a few hours away from the day and do something fun, even if I did feel like I was back in college (enhanced, no doubt, by the fact that I was wearing my old Loro tshirt).

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. I made it to work early but took a twenty minute nap in my car before going in, because I was so tired that I couldn't contemplate going into the building. I slogged all day, but after the Olympics I changed into dry clothes and went out for dinner with Terry (in town for the weekend), Natasha, and Chris. A good time was had by all, although I was disappointed that I failed to secure their promise to move to the Midwest in the future. Then, I drove home, did some random work, read for a bit, and am now going to bed. I took a few minutes to write down all the stuff that absolutely must get done this weekend, and it's rather crushing, so expect me to be in a ridiculous mood for the weekend as well -- but all in all, with the exception of one part of the conference, I'm feeling really good about everything else, so we'll see whether my high hopes are met. Goodnight!

No comments: