Tuesday, August 11, 2009

were you born to resist or be abused

I had a reasonably excellent day at work. I think that things are really coming together with the conference that I'm planning, and the end is in sight even if there are a million little things that I need to take care of in the meantime. The next few days are going to be brutal, but I think I will be v. pleased with the results.

Of course, work was improved somewhat by the lunch I had with John -- his internship is already drawing to a close, which is hard to believe. We went to the Mexican cafe on campus, which was totally delicious, and it was good as always to take a break from my regularly scheduled series of meetings to have lunch with someone who knew me well before any of this ever cam about. I was slightly late getting back to my next meeting because I underestimated the increased travel time caused by my three-inch fuchsia heels, but all was forgiven -- and the shoes ensured that I looked like a polished young professional for the conference-related meeting that I had with our VP this afternoon, so that was good.

After work, I went to Palo Alto to pick up my dry cleaning and get a coffee at Philz -- I'm quickly becoming a regular at that place, even though it adds a good twenty minutes to my drive home, simply because I'm always down for caffeine and this caffeine in particular is delicious. I thought that I would have the apartment to myself, but Ritu stayed home sick from zee hospital; so, when she wasn't busy being sick, we sat around and discussed health care reform while eating a frozen pizza (CPK garlic chicken, my fave). Eventually, the conversation tapered off as we both realized how much work we had to do, so I worked from ~9pm until now. But, tomorrow I get to sleep in slightly because I'm working out of the SF office, so that's awesome. Goodnight!

No comments: