Wednesday, August 26, 2009

stand your ground and ring the bells of freedom

This is a four-minute post. I was a couple of minutes late to my eight a.m. meeting, which was supposed to be a champagne toast in honor of a recent launch. The champagne happened, but then it devolved into twenty minutes of every single person on the multi-office videoconference introducing themselves. That's like 130+ people. Particularly at 8am, and particularly for my efficiency-loving soul, this was like being stabbed repeatedly in the face.

But, the day improved from there; I had some meetings, and got to mentor some people (my favorite!), but in general it was fairly laid-back. I left a little after six, had a completely unhealthy dinner at Baja Fresh, and then came home and read a section of the first draft of my latest romance novel. I'm trying to get back into it so that I can write this weekend. But if writing is going to happen, I need to be much more well-rested than I am; I clearly require 8-9 hours of sleep per night in order to function, and given that I have an 8am tomorrow as well, it will be difficult for me to catch up. But since Adit and Ritu are both out right now, I'm going to seize the opportunity to embrace my inner hermit and go to bed at 9:30. Four minutes are up -- goodnight!

No comments: