Sunday, August 23, 2009

is this in my head, i don't know what to think

I had a fabulously relaxing day, with barely a hangover to mar it. Of course, I did have to deal with the aftermath of last night's family time; Ritu, Adit and I cleaned the apartment for almost two hours while bickering with each other, but the end result is that the place is cleaner than it was before anyone arrived last night. Doing the dishes for a dinner party of seven without a dishwasher or a full-size sink is a challenge, but we persevered, and so by noon we could all go our merry ways without dreading the return to a dirty apartment.

Adit had a wedding this weekend, and so he's gone for the night; Ritu worked from 2-10pm, came home briefly at 11:30pm, cajoled me to go out, and ultimately left defeated by my hermitage. I decided to wholly give myself over to relaxation; the biggest event of the day was that I got a massage and a facial, which took two and a half hours and left me feeling utterly relaxed. It started off somewhat annoyingly; I thought the spa was a block away, but they closed that branch and call-forwarded the number to their other place in a different neighborhood and didn't clarify the location when I booked my appointment. So, I had to grab a taxi and quickly make it to the other place; happily, they gave me a bottle of lotion as an apology, and the facial was one of the best I've ever had, so I will likely go back despite everything. When that was done, I came home and read the rest of the day, pausing to eat some takeout sushi (verdict: when I want sushi, I should really go pick it up myself from a better restaurant; and if I feel like being lazy and doing delivery, I should pick someplace that is known as a good delivery place). Now, I'm going to go to bed; I intend to spend some quality time tomorrow getting my room in order, and so sleeping now is a smart idea. Goodnight!

No comments: