Saturday, August 01, 2009

i ain't missing you at all

So, surprise, I'm in Iowa! I came as a surprise for my sister's wedding today, and no one knew except my parents, brother, and friends/coworkers in California, which is why my post last night was so short and so vague.

Te recap yesterday, I had to be at the airport at six a.m. for my flight home, which is why I was so tired yesterday -- I only got five hours of sleep before going to the airport, and I ended up sleeping for almost eleven hours last night to make up for it. My trip was uneventful, broken up by a two-hour layover in Denver, in which I had a margarita and quesadilla, sent some work emails, and participated in part of a conference call before getting on the plane to Iowa. When I arrived in Des Moines, we played a round of minigolf -- the place we always go to is up for sale, so this may have been the last time that we will ever play minigolf there :( I lost tragically, then spent the ride home debating whether my brother was coming down with tetanus. We ended the day with a delicious Midwestern supper: bratwurst and fresh corn on the cob. Mmmm -- coming home for sweet corn is possibly the best decision I've made in a long time.

As mentioned before, I slept for eleven hours last night, and then went into town this morning to pick up a card for my sister. Embarrassingly enough, I ended up picking the exact same card that my mother picked -- I may be turning into her. The wedding was at four p.m., and it was quite simple and lovely; my nieces were the bridesmaids, and my nephew and some friend of the groom were the groomsmen. My sister and new brother-in-law looked happy, which is all that matters. Then, we spent a few hours hanging out at his family's house, where I got to spend some quality time with my nieces and nephew. We got home a little before ten p.m., and now I'm considering going to bed so that I can continue to recharge for the upcoming series of hellish events that I'm going to have to participate in over the next few weeks.

I'll post pictures sometime soon, but for now, I'm going to sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is u sis older or younger than u?