Tuesday, August 25, 2009

it isn't black or white, and it's anything but grey

This is a four minute post. I felt fairly ineffective at work today, mostly because I got there at 7:30am and so was somewhat sleepy the rest of the day; I also have yet to get truly reimmersed in my normal job, and so I have less to do (even though I expect that to change in the coming days). I'm basically just adhering to my old maxim, which is that if you have a rare moment of down time, you should take advantage of it, since the busy times will return all too soon. But, I had a good conversation over videoconference with Heather (aka dear respected madam, of "Heather and Salim" fame, who was with me in India), and I managed to get out around five p.m. to make a quick but v. necessary trip to Target.

After Target, I met up with Tolu, Lizzie and Jane for sushi in Mountain View. It was our every-sixth-week friendship renewal dinner, but it has been three months since the last one since I was in DC for the most recent renewal dinner. It's hard to believe that it's been less than six weeks since the Golden Heart thing -- it simultaneously feels like it just happened or that it happened an eternity ago. It's been such a crazy and hectic summer that I'm looking forward to getting resettled so that I can start working on book two again.

But right now, I'm going to go to bed absurdly early -- I want to take advantage of the fact that my roommates are both gone to get to sleep before Ritu returns so that I don't get sucked into staying up late. Goodnight!

No comments: