Sunday, August 30, 2009

everybody ends up here in bottles

Ritu Rani left today, and my life is emptier as a result. Luckily, I got to spend much of the day with her before that happened; we both woke up around 8:30, then hung out in the apartment while she packed and I attempted to clean up. I spent some quality time taking a few final things to my overcrowded storage unit, then came back and took Ritu over to Park Chow for brunch. We had a lovely brunch on the second-floor patio, before coming back home and loading her stuff into my car. We parted ways v. teary-eyed at SFO (actually, I was only teary-eyed because I had something in my eye, but I think it made her feel loved).

When I got home, I mourned her passing by talking to my parents and doing two loads of laundry. Then, I wrote for a bit, ate some pizza, and finished tidying up around the place. Adit came home around 9:30 with his friend Vivian in tow; it's nice that we have a new houseguest to replace Ritu, even if it's only for one night. So, we spent the last hour discussing the world. But while I would love to stay up and watch Entourage with Adit, I think I should probably go to bed -- I have to be at work at 8am, which means I need to leave around seven, which means I need to sleep. And after this incredibly boring blog post, I can't blame you if you want to sleep too. Goodnight!

No comments: