Sunday, August 30, 2009

it better be nothing but all that i want

I feel that perhaps I should explain exactly what went down last night for posterity, now that I am sober and fully recovered. Unless you are truly naive, you likely guessed that I had been drinking when I wrote the post; in fact, Vidya wrote half of it, which is the first time that someone else has guest blogged with me. Last night was truly fun, and I'm glad that I went out and escaped the heat of the apartment for a couple of hours. However, since Poc Chuc is BYOB, it's esay to drink too much -- the eight of us who went to the restaurant brought two bottles of wine and two packs of beer, which was enough to get me buzzing. That was on top of the cocktail that I had at Elixir before dinner -- the bartender dissuaded me from getting my usual cosmo, instead making me a lemon/cucumber martini that was deliciously refreshing in the sweltering heat. And then, after Poc Chuc, Adit, Vidya, Ritu and I continued the party at Rite Spot, where we hung out with the bartender while drinking pink ladies. As briefly mentioned in last night's post, there was a creepy dude near us at the bar, and it turns out that he was masturbating while watching us; the bartender kicked him out, and then we drank milky ouzo shots in his honor. I realized that I hated ouzo due to my dislike of licorice, so the bartender swapped it for goldschlager instead, and all was well.

When we got home (after a long search for a cab), we ate pizza and tormented each other before going to bed. I slept for less than six hours, but got up at 8ish because it was already too hot in my room and Vidya needed a ride to her apartment. I didn't drop her off straightaway; instead, we had a quick brunch at La Boulange. Food was likely very much needed by my poor abused body, and it was nice to hang out with Vidya sober, since when she showed up to the restaurant last night I was already too close to blitzed to really be able to catch up with her. Then, I dropped her off, came home, and spent some quality time twelve inches away from the fan that I rescued from Vidya's and brought over here.

I finally summoned the energy to take a (cold on purpose) shower, then walked over to Samovar on 18th and Sanchez. It was cooler outside than it was in my apartment, so it was a welcome walk; once at the tea place, I didn't actually start writing, but I think I figured out how to fix a plothole, which is critical to being able to move forward anyway. I came home with the intention of taking a quick nap, and inadvertently slept for two hours before picking Ritu up at the hospital at the end of her shift. Then, I miraculously cleaned my desk -- with the desk cleaned off, it almost doesn't look like I'm living in a space that is way too small for my acquisitive nature.

While it would be nice to stay up and continue to embrace productivity, I think it's really time for bed -- the writing must start tomorrow, or I will be v. disappointed in myself. Goodnight!

No comments: