Thursday, October 13, 2011

it's the way we sing that makes 'em dream

It's my last night in Tahoe - sad because it's been so productive, but probably a good thing since I started to hit the wall today. There's only so many days that I can go without speaking to people beyond the waitresses/cashiers at coffeeshops and restaurants, and I'm reaching that point. Also, I need a break from my screens - as much as I love my laptop, ipad, phone, and kindle, I probably need to check myself before I wreck myself (or my retinas).

Still, it's been a great week for my goals. Today was slightly less productive than yesterday, but perhaps it felt less productive because i spent a lot of it inputting the 50pages' worth of edits that I did yesterday. I also packed everything except tomorrow's clothes and toiletries so that I can get the hell out of here in the morning, then wrote six pages of the rewrite I'm doing on Malcolm and Amelia's story. And now I'm eating dinner and considering what to do with the last few hours of my night - write some more? Read a marketing book? Throw in the towel and read a book?

So that's all for tonight, friends (aka my mother). When I blog again, I'll be back in the evil city!

No comments: