Sunday, October 23, 2011

i'm the baddest baby in the atmosphere

Today was an utter failure on the productivity axis, but the axis of fun was well represented. I rolled out of bed sometime before ten (aren't you proud?), hung out with Terry for a bit, and then made breakfast for both of us (oatmeal and scrambled eggs, so nothing too exciting). Then, I cleaned the kitchen, cleaned my room, answered some email, took a shower, dried my hair, etc. Vivi (not her real name) showed up around 12:45, and the initial plan was to work for an hour, then see "The Three Musketeers". However, after talking for an hour, we decided that we would work this afternoon and save the movie for Thursday as a reward for working together on Thursday afternoon. I knew I was going to get hungry again, so I took us to Morning Due to work. However, it was a million degrees there (although the owner told me that he kicks out anyone who complains about the heat, since it's only hot approximately five days of the year -- which was a fair point, albeit a bit strongly worded), and so I wasn't v. productive at all. But, Vivi and I did have some excellent conversations about writing and the romance industry, so it certainly wasn't a loss.

I dragged us back home by five p.m. so that I could watch the Stanford/Washington game, which turned into a complete drubbing of the Huskies. Terry had gone to the south bay for a baby shower/party, but she came back and watched approximately 3/4s of the game with us, which was quite entertaining. She made us a couple of cosmos, too, which were v. strong and therefore v. welcome. After the game, we grabbed burgers at Roam, came home, ate the burgers (with our second round of cosmos), then watched last week's "Project Runway". By the time it finished (45mins ago), Vivi was ready to go home and Terry was falling asleep on the couch, so we called it a night.

And now, with that v. short recap, I should go to sleep -- goodnight!

No comments: