Tuesday, October 04, 2011

lovesick crackhead

To any onlookers, my day was exceedingly boring. I woke up around eight, did some writing on Ellie and Nick's story, and made sure that Vivi (not her real name) was set up with a spare key, a garage spot, and the specialized training necessary to run our ultra-fancy European washer/dryer. I had to be out of the house by ten a.m., so I bid Vivi a fond farewell (she departed for parts unknown sometime this afternoon) and drove down to Palo Alto to train with Alyssa. Alyssa took a two-day class last weekend on some new techniques for improving motion and flexibility, and she was eager to try it all out on me -- so other than my warm-up and finishing cardio, we spent the rest of the hour torturing me almost to the point of bruising with a variety of implements (a golf ball, a foam roller, and a pvc pipe). It actually worked, based on the test squats and lunges I did at the end, so I'm not complaining; most of my clumsiness/lack of flexibility/etc. seems to stem from my ankles and feet, so if we can get them in working order, maybe I'll someday be an athletic goddess. Actually, I would settle for being a peasant capable of walking without tripping, but I might as well dream big.

After the gym, I went to Sprout in Palo Alto and had the salad that I'd been craving for weeks (Southwestern with steak, no onions). I spent some quality time there working on romance novel stuff, then proceeded to work some more in a cafe. I took a brief nap in a parking lot, then got a coffee from Philz to keep me awake on the drive home. The drive was rough; it rained for the first time in quite awhile, which meant people suddenly became blithering idiots, and so even though I left Palo Alto at four p.m. it took an hour and a half to get home. Upon arriving here, I spent the rest of the evening working on romance stuff -- I'm beginning to figure out how to rewrite my first book, so I did some editing and wrote some notes about Malcolm's character development.

And that, my friends, is it. It's only a bit after eleven, but I'm going to go to bed and hope that I can make some solid progress on my writing tasks tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: