Monday, October 10, 2011

in it to win it

I'm typing on my phone, so I shall be brief - I'm in an undisclosed location with limited internet access until Friday, with the grand plan of getting a complete first draft of the fiftieth draft of my first book. If that's confusing, sorry; I've rewritten parts of it more times than I can count, and now I'm embarking on another rewrite to make it as close to perfect as possible before publishing it.

And to do that, I decided to run away. I'll be back on Friday, provided I don't almost die on the freeway like the guy two lanes over from me who ended up with an errant tire bouncing across the freeway and slamming into his drivers side door. And I'll blog in the meantime, although you should expect them to be erratic and half crazed (in other words, the usual). Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I havent followed your post for awhile (been busy). So is your book(s) getting published!? super cool

Sara said...

Um...sort of. We didn't sell it to one of the big six publishers, so my agent recommended that we try self-publishing since I have a tech/marketing background in addition to two great books. So I'm now working like mad to get them formatted, copyedited, etc. in time to launch them on all epub sites (Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, etc.) by the end of January!

So I'm still super excited - possibly more excited, since it will happen faster and I can control the major decisions. But it's not quite the same as having my books on the shelves somewhere in a year or two.