Friday, October 21, 2011

it's all in your face, i see you break

First and foremost, I have covers to share for my books! You can check them out on my romance site, since I'm way too tired to upload them here, and there you can read the new back cover copy as well (which may or may not change depending on feedback, but it's way better than what I had before). I'm super proud, to the point of gushing, about my covers, and it makes me even more excited to get my books out in a couple of months.

And that excitement translates into adrenaline...which translated into me working for the last twelve hours. The two hours before that weren't exactly a cake walk, since I took care of some emails, cleaned my room from the explosion of belongings that I dumped on the floor after getting back from Tahoe, folded a couple of loads of clothes, washed my sheets, showered, etc. But I finally vacated the house around 12:30pm to go to Morning Due, where I sat for four hours, ate a belated breakfast/lunch, and worked on the back cover blurbs. Then I came home and worked on romance stuff for another seven hours, with a short break to eat some leftover Thai food. And then I finally took care of personal email before deciding I should blog and go to bed immediately so that I can make it to Alyssa in time for our workout in the morning.

I must say, however, that working this much is good for distracting myself from the health and general happiness woes of so many people around me. And I'm super psyched to publish my books, but it will take a pretty brutal slog to do it in a way that will satisfy my perfectionist tendencies. The key is just being productive without burning myself out entirely...which I think I can do, but my track record in that arena isn't particularly strong.

Now, though, I must set my teamaker for tomorrow and go to bed -- goodnight!

3 comments:

pirate's wench said...

awesome

f...... said...

ditto! I love them! I'm telling Nita.

Anonymous said...

perfect is the enemy of good enough