Saturday, March 31, 2012

the city never sleeps better slip you an ambien

I survived last night, which is awesome; I did find myself covered in bruises this morning, but I was expecting that, since I tripped on the escalator at the movie theatre last night (my uggs are both unfashionable and prone to tripping me up) and immediately bruised both knees and one shin. Oops. Anyway, I woke up at eight, drank some water and popped some Aleve, and went back to bed until 10:30. Then I stayed in bed until almost one p.m. doing some work, mostly because I didn't really want to leave bed and confront the messy kitchen. But eventually my need for caffeine overcame my distate for the dishes, so I went downstairs and cleaned up. Luckily, as I mentioned last night, my friends (and particularly Rat) had helped to clean up already, so I really just need to wash the cooking pots/pans, the wine glasses, and the serving dishes, then run the dishwasher and scrub down the counters. Easy peasy.

I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening alternating between napping and brainstorming the non-gargoyle book, which I shouldn't be doing -- there are a million other things on my to-do list that are more pressing, but I'm brainstorming whichever book I feel like brainstorming on a given day, and today was all about gargoyles. I did take a break to have dinner with Terry and her brother Kevin, which was nice; they went to see "Hunger Games" after dinner, but I stayed home and napped/brainstormed some more. The back story for the swords in my book is starting to come together, which is exciting...but I will say no more about that. I spent the last hour or so talking to Terry and Kevin about the movie, but now I'm going to brainstorm just a bit more, then go to bed. Tomorrow I need to proofread SCOTSMEN, since we got the proof copy back today...wish me luck! Goodnight!

No comments: