Saturday, March 24, 2012

you know i could stay here all night

I was going to go to bed two hours ago, but I got distracted by Facebook -- work on Facebook, not play (although I realize those lines blur pretty frequently given that my social networking is both necessary and the ultimate form of procrastination). I turned my Sara Ramsey profile into a page last night and now I wish I had done it sooner; as much as I like to hate on Facebook, the page is better suited for what I need to do in terms of building connections to readers, and now that I'm getting it set up properly I can see more potential and possibilities for promo activities there. Sigh.

Anyway, today was good, albeit quite lazy. I got the preview link to my Authors@Google talk on Youtube this morning, and I proceeded to watch the whole thing not once, not twice, but three times. Yes, I'm that narcissistic. The third time I had it playing in the background while I took care of stuff around my room, but still. I've just never had the opportunity to play back any speaking of mine over the length of an actual talk, beyond the introductions and brief presos I occasionally gave during work that were taped. So the first time I watched it I was just enjoying it/waiting to see if I said anything horribly embarrassing (I didn't), while the second and third times were more of a critique/consideration of what worked and what I maybe would change for future appearances. I have to do a reading at the romance event I'm going to in Denver in a couple of weeks, so seeing this talk was a good confidence booster. And I'm hopeful that my agent and publicist and I can use it to get some coverage on bigger romance blogs, but we'll see. I'll post it for your viewing pleasure (although I doubt you'll want to watch it three times) when I have the official link.

I didn't get dressed until 3:30, but I made up for it by putting on a cute outfit, doing my makeup and hair (I know I'm ridiculous), and going to Starbucks, where I wrote for an hour or so. I didn't write stuff directly for the book, but I'm working through Nick and Ellie's back stories, and I wrote another five pages of back story tonight, which was v. v. helpful. Then I came home, ate supper with Terry while watching some basketball and some Project Runway (we still haven't gotten to the finale, although we both know who is in the final three), and then came upstairs and finished the book that I started last night. Then I wrote for awhile, as I mentioned, and then I got sucked into Facebook. Boo.

Now, though, I should really sleep; I have both brunch and dinner plans tomorrow, and since I've been a complete recluse since Tuesday night, I should give myself some time to acclimate to people in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: