Wednesday, March 07, 2012

bleh

No words left. They've all been smashed into Malcolm and Amelia's story, and I hope they're in the right order and are playing nicely with each other. I worked basically nonstop today (after I got out of bed, at the admittedly desultory hour of 9:15). After showering, etc., I went to Morning Due, where I worked for almost four hours over a delish breakfast and a couple of glasses of coffee (don't tell Alyssa). Then I went to the grocery store and stocked up; then I came home and cleaned out the fridge and freezer; then I ate some Greek yogurt (tell Alyssa); then I worked for a couple of hours; then I made a great salad (spinach, walnuts, dried cranberries, blue cheese, chicken); then I worked until now.

I did take the slightest break when Terry got home -- we watched some of "The Voice", including a couple of song battles between different singing pairs, which was a nice interlude. We also talked politics a bit, which was similarly a nice interlude, even though I'm generally upset and depressed about how things are playing out this year. Then I buckled down and worked...

...and I'm so tantalizingly close to being done with Malcolm and Amelia. If I wasn't so dead tired, I might just send it to Jenn now -- but I need to spend a couple of hours looking through it tomorrow to make sure I didn't make any totally stupid mistakes. But hopefully by this time tomorrow night (or earlier, since I don't think I can stay up until 2:30am again), I'll be done!!! And then there will be much rejoicing throughout the land (although I will be too tired for rejoicing).

But now I should really sleep -- I have to meet Alyssa tomorrow morning, then speed back to the evil city to get my hair cut in preparation for next week's talk. I'm also getting my eyebrows tinted, which seems crazy given that I've never dyed my hair, but since I've got multiple white hairs in my eyebrows that are growing in right in the middle where I can't pluck them, the time has come. Sigh. Goodnight!

No comments: