Tuesday, March 27, 2012

when a heart breaks well it don't break even

For once I have two important things to share with you! Prepare yourself!


The first is my Authors@Google talk from two weeks ago, for those of you who want to watch the interview and listen to what I had to say about writing, self-publishing, romance, etc: 




It was quite fun to do, and I thought it went really well - so yay to that.


The second is that I broke up with Alyssa today. It was v. v. difficult, partially because I love her and partially because my preferred method of breaking up is to stop talking to someone and ignore all attempts to contact me until the other person gets the hint. Bad Sara, I know. But it just doesn't make sense to keep driving down to Palo Alto so often, particularly when I end up eating out every time I'm there and negating the benefit of working out, and spending less time enjoying myself in the city, etc., etc. These are all totally valid reasons and I've thought about this for a long time before pulling the trigger, but that didn't make it any easier to tell her.


But I did tell her, and she took it well (at least to my face), although we agreed to get together in a month and see how I'm doing and whether it makes sense to try something else (either setting me up with a trainer up here, or doing something long-distance with her- this does sound like a relationship, doesn't it?). But I'm glad I had the conversation with her, even though I will miss her tremendously. So I'm in mourning now, but hopefully some writing time in the city over the next few weeks will help me get over it.


After the breakup, we worked out for half an hour (awkward). Then I showered and drove to my old place of employment, where I had lunch with Gyre, which was great (and he had me sign a copy of my book for his team, who has been taking turns reading it and then reporting back to him on the dirty bits, which is hilarious to me). Then I hung out at Philz for awhile, and then Starbucks for awhile, generally playing online and following romance news, since today was the day that RITA and Golden Heart finalists were announced and so there was a storm of news and gossip going on.


Eventually, though, I abandoned the laptop and had a lovely, hilarious dinner with Heather (aka dear respected madam), followed by an equally lovely, hilarious free tea with her back at her office. We finally parted ways around nine, and I drove back to the evil city and spent the last couple of hours catching up on stuff. And now I need to go to bed so that I can hit it hard tomorrow -- goodnight!

No comments: